A 20-something year old that's ready to find balance in all places in life.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's the Dress

My husband's cousin is getting married this Saturday. I'm pretty excited to get to attend a wedding because I haven't been to one since my own last year. But the most exciting part is that I get to wear one of my bridesmaid's dresses from my wedding.... Which is 2 sizes smaller than my own wedding dress was. Last weekend D and I were trying on our "nice" clothes to make sure that we had things that fit for the wedding. I put on the dress that I wore on our honeymoon (the same size as my wedding dress, obviously) and D zipped it up. When he let go, the dress fell to the floor. I was torn with excitement and sadness. I love that dress but I'm excited because that size of dress is behind me forever. So now I get to wear a cute orange flower dress that I almost bought for myself when 2 of my bridesmaids chose it as the dress to wear at my wedding.

(The dress that I'm wearing is the one on the furthest left.)


And we had a get together with D's family that is in town for the wedding. D's aunt noticed right away that I had lost a significant amount of weight and commented on it. People noticing that I don't see all the time is something that keeps me motivated!










No comments:

Post a Comment