A 20-something year old that's ready to find balance in all places in life.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Goal #1

My most immediate goal right now is my spare room. It's been the dumping ground for the entire year we've lived here for anything that didn't have a place at that time or that I didn't want to take time to find a place for it. No place in the kitchen for the breadmaker? Put it in the spare room. Don't know what to do with wedding gifts? Put them in the spare room. You get the idea.
Needless to say it's been a weight on my shoulders for quite some time now and I want a craft room. Crafting is a way for me to escape and destress after work and it's hard to find the motivation to do it when I have to pull everything out just to put it away. And, I want to learn to sew and being able to leave my sewing machine on it's table would probably force me to use it more than when it's tucked away.
So... I have 5 more days until I go back to work and my goal is to get the room functional. And then it's on to focusing on my weight.

Just to give you an idea of how bad it is... I promise the rest of my house doesn't look like this. Don't put my name in for the tv show "Hoarders." Although... they would come help me clean the room...

Looking in from the doorway.

The desk piled with everything we don't know what to do with.



And a close-up of the big pile in the middle of the room. There is a bed in there somewhere.


What's your most immediate goal for the start of the new year?

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm a June 10' nestie and I just stumbled upon your blog...I had this SAME thing going on until a few weeks ago. I cleaned out the spare room (which was full of all kinds of things I didn't know what to do with--old gym bags, stuff from the wedding, even old decorative accents from my college apartment, lol) and turned it into a craft room just in time to finish a scrapbook that I was making my Mom for Christmas. It is awesome having somewhere in the house that is just "my space". And my whole life felt more organized after I was done. Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! I've made some progress so hopefully I'll have some after pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at the Hoarders reference. Actualy, your room is too clean to qualify for that show! Great job on the makeover!

    ReplyDelete