A 20-something year old that's ready to find balance in all places in life.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

There's Progress!



Once I get my mind set on something it usually gets done. And the spare room/craft room is almost there. I was lucky enough that my mom had the day off work today and volunteered her time to come help.
She picked me up this afternoon and after stopping for a quick lunch we hit Home Depot, ShopKo and back to Home Depot. A $130 in storage supplies later we were ready to rock n' roll.


This is what I got:
Martha Stewart Living 9 Cube Organizer: $44.97: Home Depot
2 of these plastic shelves that are in the closet: Special Buy: $19.95: Home Depot

I also bought 6 collapsible cubes from ShopKo to go into the cube shelves but they ended up being too big. *Fail* It looks like I'll have to go spend $2 more per cube and get the special Martha Stewart ones.

I didn't think I did too bad considering storage things are really expensive! Most shelving units are $50 to $60 and since we're still renting I couldn't get anything that attaches to the wall.

All of the shelves are set up. The 2 in the closet are full and the cubes are just waiting for their drawers.

I'll have pictures tomorrow of the finished room! I'm so excited and relieved to have this (almost) behind me and moving onto something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment