A 20-something year old that's ready to find balance in all places in life.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Checking In

I think about updating a lot... I just don't seem to have time and/or energy to do it. Work is kicking my butt right now. This is our busiest time of year... Well up until next week and then I have 2 weeks off.
I've been working with my new trainer once a week and I LOVE her. She kills me, but in a good way. She understands me, gives me encouragement and doesn't put up with any crap. I like going to the gym on her days, wheras my first trainer, I wasn't too thrilled to see him.
I made it to the gym 3 days last week.. That's a recent record for me. And they were hard workouts. I know being busy isn't an excuse, but really, I've been busy. As soon as I make it through next week it's back to the grind, no excuses.
My eating hasn't been the greatest, but I'm maintaining. And I'm happy with that right now. I have learned to own my choices and think before I eat. Whereas me a year ago would have just shoved a bunch of food in my mouth and then thought of the consequences later.
So suffice to say, I'm proud of myself. Ya the weight's coming off slower that I would like it but I keep telling myself that this is forever. Even if it takes me 2 years to get to where I want to be, it's better than not doing it all.

I've also made some new co-worker friends that I go to the bar with almost every Friday (I get water or Diet Pepsi.) There's a pretty good span of us as to where we are with our ability levels, one is a former weight lifting champion and one is a sports extraordinare that just had ACL surgery over Thanksgiving break. However, we've all decided to have the same goal and run the Race for the Cure 5K that's here in May. I'm super excited to have some motivation to keep going and to have people to workout with. Now to continue with the C25K so that I can not pass out!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment