A 20-something year old that's ready to find balance in all places in life.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Looking Back at 2011

Stolen from Brie and her awesome blog.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I set weight loss goals and stuck to them.
I got a contracted full-time job.
I taught (and am still) teaching 4th grade.
I went downtown and to the bars for the 1st time (lame, party of me)
Adopted a dog of my own.
I got my Master's Degree!!!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
For the first time ever, I did!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I can think of.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My great uncle passed away in November.

5. What countries did you visit?
Didn't leave the country this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A house.
A new car.
More new friendships.
More financial stability.

7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 5th: I finished the coursework for my Master's Degree
June 6th: I got a full time job offer and adopted my dog.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing weight and continuing to go to the gym.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting enough money saved up to get into our own house before the end of the year. Some of it was my fault for frivolous spending and some of it was out of our hands.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My dog.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Start-up costs for my new job-- Stocking a classroom is expensive.

13. What did you get really excited about?
New job and dog all in the same day.

14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
None are sticking out to me... I'm not really into music.

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? I guess happier- I can see life moving in a better direction. – thinner or fatter? THINNER! – richer or poorer? Richer, just because I have a higher paying job than last year.

16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent more time with my husband. We don't see each other very much.

17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Crying and complaining.

18. How did you spend Christmas?
Driving up to our cabin and then hanging with my family.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
Parenthood

20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I'm ashamed to say that I didn't read much this year... But I did just finish The Help and really enjoyed it.

21. What was your favorite music from this year? I got into the upbeat pop rock stuff just because it keeps me motivated when I'm running.

22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Hmm... I loved New Year's Eve, at least that's what is coming to mind right now.

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 25 this year and I was jetboating with my family in Hells Canyon.

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to buy a house.

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Non-existent. I changed sizes too often so I just bought cheap.

26. What kept you sane? Training. Husband.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
I am strong and I can attain any goal that I want to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment