A 20-something year old that's ready to find balance in all places in life.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I climbed...

a camel's back.











No really... I did.






Well the park is called Camelsback because the park is completley flat and then all of a sudden there's this humongous hill and behind it is a bunch of trails. And at the top is an AWESOME view of the city.


Well my trainer has been talking for about a month that she wanted to take me out there "off the clock" and do a workout together but we needed to wait until the temps were in the 40s. So I thought "awesome, I've got until at least March to get my cardio endurance up for it." Well... Mother Nature is a bitch and has decided to not bring winter to Idaho yet.


So at 9:30 this morning I bundled up (it was only 30 degress at that time tyvm!) and headed to the park. Um... that hill is a lot bigger than I remember. And then she told me we'd be climbing it 3 times! Ha.


So we went straight to the hill and climbed it the first time. Kinda thought I was going to die... and then took one of the trails down. Went back to the start and she started timing... I made it in 4 minutes 50 seconds. Not great, not horrible. She told me that most people it takes 10-12 minutes to do the hill the first time (I'm not sure whether she was just saying that to be nice or not though.)


We took a different trail down that went up some more and then back down and then went to the tennis courts and did some lunges, skips, butt kicks and high knees. And then climbed the hill a 3rd time. I felt stronger the 3rd time than I did either time but I could tell my legs were about to give up on me. We took a different trail down and called it a day.


Total workout was 1 hour. And it was a killer. I'm sure I won't be moving tomorrow or even more so on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment